12 Things Everyone Needs To Know About The Catholic Church
- The Church isn't rich and selling off her "riches" isn't going to help much.
- Catholic Mass is not boring. If the mass is what the Catholic Church says it is, then it is the most exciting thing to happen in thousands of years.
- The Church is not anti-woman. In fact, the Church is the #1 defender of a women's most basic rights.
- Celibacy didn't cause the abuse scandal. If that were so, then we would see higher rates of abuse in Catholic clergy, but we don't.
- The Church loves the Bible. Heck, the Catholic Church gave the world the Bible. So, why would she not revere the written Word of God?
- Catholics are not only called to think for themselves, if they don't they are not truly taking on the faith. You can't believe merely because someone else decided it already, you have to choose belief personally.
- Catholics don't worship Mary or the Saints. But, we do ask them to pray for us, because the Bible says they are interceding for us before God.
- Purgatory and indulgences are real and yes they are still a part of Catholic teaching.
- The Church teaches that everyone is called to love and respect those who have a same-sex attraction. There is no homophobia taught by the Catholic Church. (see CCC 2358)
- The Church believes that everyone who goes to Heaven is saved by Jesus Christ. No grace comes from any other source.
- The Catholic Church is not anti-sex. Why would Catholic have big families if this were the case? Sex is a wonderful and beautiful thing. Just like any good thing it can be abused.
- The Church is growing. In fact, in many parts of the world the population is absolutely exploding.
There are many others. What else do you think the world needs to know?