Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Least - A Story You Ought To See

One of my goals as a father is to raise kids who care more for others than themselves. I see signs that we are doing a decent job.

For instance, my son (who is about to be 11) has a science experiment he had to demonstrate this week. There is one boy who is not well liked by others (he isn't easy to get along with). But my son asked him to help with the experiment because he knew "nobody else would ask him." This kind of charity made me so proud, I got tears in my eyes.

When I saw this video below, I thought of my son and the kid that nobody ever reaches out to.

Imagine being bullied because you are a special-needs freshman in high school who had trash thrown at you, insulted and marginalized. Imagine how scared and lonely you might feel.

Then one day a true friend decides to stand up for you. Real friendship is found in caring more for others than yourself.
"Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me." -Matt 25:40

No comments: