Friday, February 11, 2011

37 Great Love Songs For Your Valentine

Just in time for Valentine's Day, my very subjective list of the 37 of the greatest love songs of all-time, in no particular order:
  • Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers.
  • When a Man Loves a Woman - Percy Sledge
  • Open Arms - Journey
  • Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
  • Endless Love - Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
  • Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
  • Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
  • In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
  • All I Want is You - U2
  • Sweet Child of Mine - Guns and Roses
  • At Last - Etta James
  • I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
  • Let's Stay Together - Al Green
  • Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley
  • Love Me Tended - Elvis Presley
  • I Cross My Heart - George Strait
  • My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
  • Fields of Gold - Sting
  • Only You - The Platters
  • Annie's Song - John Denver
  • Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart
  • My Girl - The Temptations
  • Wonderwall - Oasis
  • How Deep is Your Love - The Bee Gees
  • Close to You - Carpenters
  • Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
  • Your Song - Elton John
  • Always on my Mind - Willie Nelson
  • Crazy - Patsy Cline
  • Babe - Styx
  • Lady - Lionel Richie
  • I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
  • Don't Know Much - Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville
  • You Are the Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder
  • You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker
  • Have you Ever Really Loved A Woman - Bryan Adams
  • I Love The Way You Love Me - John Michael Montgomery
Begin the debate now!

3 comments:

Michael Hallman said...

How could you choose the Rod Stewart version over the original Van Morrisson version???? Blasphemy!

:-P

Zander said...

Nice List Thanks! I like the order personally

Bethany said...

I still prefer the Dolly Parton original version of "I Will Always Love You" to Whitney's rendition, though she did do a good job with it.