Thursday, November 11, 2010

Good Reviews

Thanks to everyone who has been reviewing my new book, Set Free to Love: Lives Changed by the Theology of the Body. Here are a number of reviews from those that enjoyed the book. Lucky me, I haven't run across a negative one yet.

***Brandon Vogt:
Set Free to Love” introduces the major themes of John Paul’s teachings, but there aren’t many advanced explanations. This makes the book a good primer on this theology rather than a reference source. What sets the book apart is its unique examination not of the theology itself, but of the profound transformation it brings.

LeJeune’s book features good diversity, with priests, nuns, single and married people all represented. And each offers some story of healing. Many of the contributors were given an incomplete or distorted view of sexuality during their childhood, which led to all sorts of misunderstandings and abuses later in life. Again and again, the book conveys the relief people feel after stumbling upon John Paul’s wisdom. The contributors present living proof that the ‘theology of the body’ has explosive power.

If you are intrigued about the ‘theology of the body’ but are unsure whether to study it deeper , “Set Free to Love” will convince you of its power and provoke more exploration. As others unwrap this wonderful gift, you will want to experience its power yourself.
Read the rest of the review here.
**Karen from Karen's Adventures in Mommyland:
When I read the description of Marcel LeJeune's Set Free To Love: Lives Changed by the Theology of the Body I wasn't convinced it was a book I wanted to read. The description that I had read online and the back cover of the book didn't convince me that it would even remotely capture my attention, but after paging through it and picking a few pages to read I realized that my initial impressions were all wrong.

This book contrary to my first thoughts was a captivating and inspiring read. It was yet another book that I had the hardest time putting down once I had started it. The book is comprised of an introduction that explains what John Paul II's Theology of the Body (TOB) is and eleven stories of people from many different walks of life and how they were transformed by it's powerful teachings.
Read the rest of the review here.
**Sr. Marianne Lorraine Trouve':
It's a great collection of stories of real people whose lives have been changed for the better by TOB.
Read the rest of the review here.
**Amazon currently has 5 reviews, all of them 5 star.

Thanks again for all the positive reviews.

If you want to buy the book, I have signed copies from my website or if you are in town, you can buy them at the front desk of St. Mary's.

No comments: