Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Vatican Does Not "Get" Technology

This headline might be the saddest thing I have seen in a long time:

"Office for evangelising cyberspace does not have internet access, says official"

A snip:
The head of the new pontifical council charged with evangelising cyberspace has said that his new office does not have an internet connection.

Archbishop Rino Fisichella, president of the Pontifical Council for Promotion of the New Evangelisation, made the startling admission at a press conference unveiling the new council.

A Motu Proprio issued on Tuesday established the responsibilities of the council, which include “studying modern means of communications”.

But Archbishop Fisichella said: “Right now, I’m just hoping to get a computer in my office so I can get on the internet myself.”
Tip o' the hat to Deacon Greg.

No comments: