Wednesday, August 11, 2010

To Sacrifice For Others

We have all heard of, or know, men and women who sacrifice for the good of others by getting shipped out for tours overseas in the Armed Forces. These are people with families and friends who sometimes pay the ultimate price in order to protect our well-being.

For all veterans and active armed forces personnel - thank you.
To the families that also sacrifice so much - thank you.

I will probably never know what it is like to have to leave my family for so long. Heck, being away from my wife and kids for more than a couple of days becomes hard on me. I can't imagine the toll it takes on marriages, relationships, and lives. I do know that my father, several uncles, my brother-in-law, many friends and others have made such a sacrifice.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I post this video as a reminder to the rest of us what kind of sacrifices are being made.
But, I warn you - your allergies may flare up watching this.

No comments: