Monday, July 26, 2010

"Inception" Rocked My Face Off

or did it?

What is reality? This is the question the the new movie, Inception, leaves you asking. For being able to leave me with such a deep question, I commend the director and writer, Christopher Nolan. I think Nolan is an absolute genius. His movies Memento, Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight were all great. He has now moved into the top spot as my favorite movie director.

All of the four movies above captured my imagination and made me think deeply. This is part of why I think he is masterful at telling a story.

The movie has regret, guilt, redemption, depression, and more. The interplay between reality and our emotional reactions also plays a part. Ultimately, the questions which arise are deeply philosophical and can leave your mind swirling.

I won't say any more about the movie, but Carl Olson and Steven Greydanus loved it as well.

As both of them say - I need to see it again - it is that good.

No comments: