Friday, July 30, 2010

Big Announcements

Four announcements you don't want to miss:

1 - Pope Benedict will be releasing his second volume of Jesus of Nazareth this coming spring with Ignatius Press. The first book was amazing, so I can't wait to get my paws on this one.

2 - Please pray for author Anne Rice. If you didn't know she had a conversion to Catholicism several years ago. It is now being reported that she is "quit being a Christian".

3 - Dr. Kenneth Howell has been reinstated as an adjunct professor at the University of Illinois. This is great news. But, the conclusion that there needs to be a "strict firewall" between the Newman Center and the University is troubling. This is the same misguided understanding of the "separation between church and state" that has sunk into our consciousness as a people - which comes from an improper reading of the Constitution.

4 - The community, Miles Jesu, is undergoing a purification. Please pray for them.

1 comment:

Henry Pages said...

My brother was a member of Miles Jesu for 22 years and it tore my beautiful, big catholic family apart. My brother was allowed to communicate and visit only the siblings who would give them money. My mother and siblings had many serious disagreements regarding support of this group. My brother left MJ 3 years ago and we have had much family healing since then. Praise God.