Friday, May 7, 2010

Pilgrimage To Spain

One of our permanent parishioners will be taking a pilgrimage to Spain and blogging about it. Here are the details.
Marcel, I was talking to Fr. David last night about my upcoming pilgrimage walking El Camino De Santiago De Compostela, I am walking the pilgrimage with a friend we start in St. Jean Pied De Port, France walk over the Pyrenees down to Logrono, Spain and then west to Santiago Compostela, Spain the pilgrimage is a 500 mile walk in the footsteps of Saint James.

 I will be writing a blog along the way and Fr. David asked me to send the blog to you.

We fly to Paris and to Biarritz on Mary 13 and catch the mountain bus to St. Jean Pied De Port that night and start the pilgrimage on the 15th.
I will continue to check the blog during the trip and keep our readers up-to-date.
Please pray for all those on pilgrimage, especially Jeff and his companions.


View Larger Map

1 comment:

timh said...

Prayers for the pilgrims coming; then, you could follow that up by keeping your friend, Fr. Jason Cargo and his companions in your prayers, and follow his blog posts, too:

"I am real excited to be joining 4-6 other young men and women on a pilgrimage to St. James.

We will be leaving on May 17 and will return May 28 and we will traverse the Portuguese way from Tui to Santiago de Compestella. We will be making some stops at Fatima on the way up Portugal from Lisbon.

Pretty awesome stuff! I’ll put up more info as we near the date!"
He's aready accomplished the "France over the Pyrenees down to Santiago Compostela, Spain" pilgrimage.