Tuesday, March 25, 2008

An Easter Carnival and More...

*Check out this week's Easter Carnival.

*We get some interesting links to our blog, but this one has me befuddled. Can anyone tell me what is going on? I am pretty sure that it is about the post they linked to (about getting more out of Mass), but I want to make sure.

*Silly me, I thought we had a lot of people entering the Church here at St. Mary's - around 23 baptized on Saturday and another 24 candidates (we have another class that will come in to the Church next semester as well). But, some parishes are blowing the doors off of their RCIA classes apparently. Two parishes in the Dallas diocese (St. Mark in Plano and St. Mark in Garland) will have a combined 500 people enter the Church. Two parishes, 500 people. Wow! Welcome home!

*I am all for protests and the freedom to speak out, but it should not be done illegally or in a way that is meant to scare others. Definitely not in a way that disturbs a group's worship. A group called "Catholic Schoolgirls Against the War" disrupted Easter Mass in Chicago during Cardinal George's homily. They squirted fake blood on Mass Attendees and scared the heck out of a number of people, including children. If their goal was to get attention they got it. If it was to get people to agree with them, this isn't the way to do it. Video below.

No comments: