Friday, July 6, 2007

Update On Episcopalian/Muslim Priest

I posted last month about an Episcopalian priest in Seattle who decided she would be both Christian and Muslim. I was critical of her Bishop allowing it. Well, a reader sent me a story about her being sanctioned by her Bishop. The time is to be used for her to:
reflect on the doctrines of the Christian faith, her vocation as a priest, and what I see as the conflicts inherent in professing both Christianity and Islam
I applaud the Bishop for doing something and I hope it works.

UPDATE: It seems that Redding questions the divinity of Jesus and the nature of the Trinity (only the two most foundational of all Christian doctrines). Of course this has had no effect upon her teaching at Seattle University - A Jesuit School.

No comments: